I help businesses improve their current performance and profitability by applying structured methods and tools to provide a clear market focus, together with efficient organisation and strong financial management. I am an experienced and qualified Business Coach and Consultant; formerly a director of the highly successful SME company, GMAP Ltd. My background includes FTSE 100 consultancy and extensive blue chip national and international experience.
My Background & Qualifications
- Current delivery partners include: Goldman Sachs 10k programme, Leeds University Business School, Growth Accelerator and Leadership & Management, RedSky Corporate Services
- Ten years’ experience in delivering business consulting and advice to SMEs and blue chip companies
- SME: 12 years in key senior role, from embryonic business intelligence company (GMAP Ltd) to director of an international business, including eventual sale
- Commercial: 34 years in total. 18 years gained in senior roles for blue chip international and FTSE 100 companies
- MBA (Distinction) – University of Leeds
- Law – University of Sussex
- CMI Business Coach & Mentor – University Centre, Doncaster College
- Leadership & Management Trainer – national Growth Accelerator programme
- Various corporate, management and sales training courses in UK and USA.
Key areas of Expertise
- Current business diagnostics: where exactly is the business now, financially and strategically?
- Developing the business vision and future strategic direction: opportunities and key growth goals
- Addressing resource issues: people and structure, systems and processes, management information
- Prioritising markets and customers by applying segmenting and profiling methods, clarifying how value is added
- Improving marketing ROI by matching messages to channels, target markets, products and services
- Improving margins through smart operations: outsourcing, partnering, supply chain management
- Creating clear and executable business plans
- Getting fit for funding: raising finance, matching need for funding with loan and investment models.
||Y&H IDB Ltd (via Business Link Yorkshire)
||Experian Business Strategies plc.
||Head of Development/Director
||GMAP Ltd (University of Leeds)
||Director of Relocation Services
||Abbey (now Santander)
||International Services Manager
||PHH Homequity Inc.
||Relocation Services Manager
||Merrill Lynch Inc.
References: Available on request. Plus please visit http://www.linkedin.com/in/businessadviser